Re: Feedback

On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 15:49:53 -0700, "Wesley J. Landaker" writes:
>>> Debian documentation is a joke. It constantly refers to Debian
>>> versions by their nick names, and not their versions.

>> Right, more or less like the Windows documentation authors, where it's
>> clear that 3.11 < 95 < 98 < ME < XP < Vista < 7 < 8. Or of the MacOS
>> documentation authors, where everybody knows the respective positions
>> of the Pumas, Tigers, Cheetas, Panthers and other such animals. Or of
>> the Ubuntu Double-Daring Synchronized Snakes.

>Oooh, don't forget 2000 and NT. (I'm not sure you can put those in a linear
>list, though!)

Parallel tracks, off the top of my head:

WfW 3.11 < Win95          < Win98 < WinME
           NT3.51 <   NT4         < Win2000  < XP < Vista < 7 < 8

Next one can do a proper NT timeline, MSDOS and the non-Workgroups
 Windoses ;-)

cheers,
&rw
--
-- Airplane travel is nature's way of making
-- you look like your passport photo.