Re: Automatic retrieval of information from qa.debian.org

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 03:30:11PM +0200, Robert Waldner wrote:
> 0: Actually, not all of those are "titles", but I sure as hell wouldn't
>  know how to translate "Standesbezeichnung".

"Indication of standing"? That seems to me pretty much the definition of
what "title" means. I don't think English makes the distinction.

Mind you, English doesn't recognise engineering anyway - "Engineer" is
a recognised title in most European languages but in English it just
means someone who gets his hands dirty, to the general public at any
rate.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons        - -        Pigeon's Nest: http://pigeonsnest.co.uk/