Re: Delivery reports about your e-maila [laundry]

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 07:35:57AM -0500, Stephanie da Silva wrote:
> To send mail to me, you need to add [laundry] to the end of the
> subject line (eg: Subject: Random message [laundry]).

Wouldn't it be much simpler to turn off such useless spam generators
when subscribing to mailing lists?

Besides by replying automatically with junk, then if the other person
used a similarly stupid system, their automatic junk generator would
reply to your junk generator because yours didn't follow its idiotic
rules, and now you have messages constantly bouncing back and forth to
each other probably forever.

Use of ANY kind of chalange system for email is inherently broken.

Turn it off, you are being a very bad internet citizen.  You cause more
traffic than you filter from your own email.

Len Sorensen