Leenooks

There's an air conditioner company around here called Lennox.  Whenever
I hear their commercials on TV, my ears perk up.  Lihn ucks.

Way back before I liked Linux, I used to religiously correct the
pronuciation "Lihn ucks" using Torvald's sun .au file, "LEEnooks.'

I thought this philosophically important as it both stresses Linux's
distinction from Unix, and also thought it important to use a
foreigner's pronunciation to emphasize that this is a horse of another
color.

Do you think "Joe 6-Pack" of the Windows world would be more able to
understand what the concept of Linux is all about when they read "Lihn
ucks" and know to pronounce it "LEEnooks."  Exercising your noodle that
way might get more curious about what it's all about.