Re: unhappy customer

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 10:20:02PM +0100, Pigeon wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 09:12:19PM +0200, Alexander Duscheleit wrote:
> > Hallo Hubert,
> >
> > * Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> [29-03-04 12:58]:
> > >
> > > Billie> Debian is hard to install. ...
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > So I am wondering what exactly it is that people find hard about the
> > > Debian installer.
> > >

> > Well, there is at least one *really* hard question:
> >     "Please choose a network name for your host."
> >
> > In a lot of cases this was the most time consuming part of the debian
> > installs I've done. ;-)
>
> Oh? But there's all the names from Lord of the Rings, lots of words to
> do with pigeons, Barclay James Harvest song titles, the geographical
> location of the box... :-)

When I first encountered this question, I was puzzled, really. I wondered
what were they talking about; I was at home installing an OS on my
computer, not enjoying a weekend at the country home of a rich friend. And
what possible relevance did my host's name have a network?

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@peakpeak.com