Re: Unhappy customer

begin  quote  vasudeva <vasudeva@megarad.com> 2004-03-22 14:21:49:

>I realize I must be in the minority, and that Red Hat's installer
>*is* pretty, but I just don't see Debian's installer as the
>egregious UI disaster some make it out to be.

Have you ever tried to install RedHat onto a system which
contained an overnew video card? an enriching experience
I would unreservedly recommend, from personal experience
(at least half a dozen rebuilds from scratch, followed by hand-
hacking in a sufficiently clueful X), to anyone who believes
installation must use a GUI to have street cred.  Pretty is for
afterwards.

Meanwhile, back at the original complaint, said complainant
should have been shipped a complimentary copy of Knoppix.

>My two cents.

My 2g of nitro :-) .

PS: Apologies for this wretched alleged mailer, and whatever
disclaimer our site mailsystems may append.

        MaJoC
----
Dr M J Carter
Physics and Astronomy