Re: US CERT Technical Alert TA04-028A MyDoom.B Rapidly Spreading

On Jan 28, 2004, at 19:09, CERT Advisory wrote:

Mydoom.B attempts to harvest e-mails from Temporary Internet files as well as via randomized e-mails aforementioned. It does not include any
   e-mails containing the following strings: ...
submit, help, service, privacy, somebody, soft, contact, site, rating,
   ^^^^^^
   bugs, your, someone, anyone, nothing, nobody, noone, webmaster,
   ^^^^

I would like to take a moment to encourage other virus authors to take similar precautions to avoid mass-spamming of our BTS. I'm sure the BTS admins much appreciate it, though I doubt they'll ever confess ;-)

While you're at it, please add the strings 'asd', 'suespammers', and 'derobert'. Also, 'debian' would be nice, too.

Thanks in advance!

[ Anyone want a bidding pool on how long 'til I get a "friendly" visit from
  the feds? ]