Re: [OT] subscribe bpark79@hotmail.com

>>>>> "Shawn" == Shawn McMahon <smcmahon@eiv.com> writes:

Shawn> They can all do that, Gnus is just nice enough to already have
Shawn> done some of the work for you setting it up.  I do IMAP over ssh
Shawn> all the time, and news via an ssh socks4 proxy.

Hmm.  I'm not talking about normal ssh port forwarding.  I'm talking
about ssh-ing into the server, cat-ing the mail spool there, and feeding
it to gnus.  For news, it ssh-es into one of the University's servers,
and telnets to the nntp server from there.  (I could probably use
standard ssh port forwarding for that, but I could never get my head
wrapped around ssh port forwarding.)

gnus also lets me send mail through an ssh connection (i.e. it ssh-es
into a server, and uses the local mail program there), so that I don't
have to worry about "what mail server am I authorized to connect to from
where I am right now?" or dealing with those icky POP-before-send
servers.

Shawn> Gnus also has the dubious distinction of being the only
Shawn> non-Microsoft MUA whose headers I see in enough spam to remember
Shawn> it.  :-)

Strange.  I didn't know spammers were so sophisticated.  Even if those
headers are being faked, I wonder why they would have chosen gnus.

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA