Re: Technology and historical continuity...

On 01.02.03 Blars Blarson (blarson@blars.org) wrote:

Hi,

> If what I've heard about the Russian railways is true, the
> trans-siberia dwarfs anything in Australia. Russia supposedly uses
> a guage slightly narrower than standard,

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but the russian railway is a little bit
wider, than in the rest of Europe. Today any train coming from Europe
or going to Europe has to change the wheels at the border of Russia.

Hilmar
--
I predict that today will be remembered until tomorrow!
  http://rudi.urz.tu-dresden.de/~hille/