Re: Footer test 1: Was: Re: UNSIBSCRIBE ME GODDAMMNED !!!!! I"M FED UP WITH IT !!!!

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 22:22, Jonathan Oxer wrote:

Mr Powers' email has a cute little "how to unsubscribe" thing tacked on
the end.  Mr Kluit's didn't.  Troll?

MR KLUIT's mail did, too. But below the MIME delimiter that tells your
user agent that the mail body is finished.

Hmmm. NOT. Now *that* is really strange.

This may be a red herring, but it looks to me like unsigned (by GPG)
messages get the footer attached normally, while signed ones get it
after the signature (as you'd expect) and it isn't displayed in the mail
client.

This has nothing to do with gpg - our dear Mr. Kluit (Robin) PLEAES
UNSUBSCRIBE ME did not use gpg. He sent a normal MIME multipart message
with a first body part in text/plain and a second body part in
text/html.

The mailing list software apparently did *not* attach the unsubscribe
footer, which is really strange. I thought, at first, that it was just
the 'the mailing list manager is not MIME aware' problem and Robert
Harris just didn't see it because it was down at the bottom of the raw
mail body, after the MIME encoded parts. BUT Kluits message did not have
the unsubscribe notifier *at all*.

This thread is really silly now... anyway
cheers
-- vbi

Agreed, it is very silly.  In fact, the original email was so silly, that It looked like this to me. I thought it was particularly silly that spamassasin says "Listed in Razor". For those who don't know, Razor is supposed to be
a spam database type of thing.
SPAM: -------------------- Start SpamAssassin results ----------------------
SPAM: This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been altered
SPAM: so you can recognise or block similar unwanted mail in future.
SPAM: See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.
SPAM:
SPAM: Content analysis details:   (10.7 hits, 6 required)
SPAM: Hit! (1.5 points)  Message-Id is not valid, according to RFC-2822
SPAM: Hit! (0.5 points)  Subject has an exclamation mark
SPAM: Hit! (0.4 points)  Subject has lots of exclamation marks
SPAM: Hit! (0.2 points)  BODY: Correct for MIME 'null block'
SPAM: Hit! (0.5 points)  BODY: A WHOLE LINE OF YELLING DETECTED
SPAM: Hit! (0.6 points)  BODY: 2 WHOLE LINES OF YELLING DETECTED
SPAM: Hit! (2.1 points)  BODY: FONT Size +2 and up or 3 and up
SPAM: Hit! (3.0 points)  Listed in Razor, see http://razor.sourceforge.net/
SPAM: Hit! (1.9 points)  Subject is all capitals
SPAM:
SPAM: -------------------- End of SpamAssassin results ---------------------

------_=_NextPart_001_01C29450.8DC297B0

UNSIBSCRIBE ME GODDAMMNED !!!!! I"M FED UP WITH IT !!!!