Re: Why would I want an LFS system?

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Inglima Modica Davide Silvio wrote:

> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/intro.shtml
>
> If we want to do something serious about that we should politely point out
> that:
>
> [snip: some good points about debian]

 I honestly thing you guys are a bit too touchy. It's not like that LFS
blurb is an attack on our One True Distro (TM) *cough*, but rather a few
points about why it might be attractive to some to run LFS. Personally,
I have much more confidence in the Debian QA and Security folx than I
have in my own skills, but I'm still considering LFS (for educational
purposes mainly). They're not saying Debian is bad (unless you
explicitly choose to interpret it that way) - they're just saying it's
not the only way. Choice, remember? :-)

--
Mikael Schönenberg  |  I say 'Let me never be complete'  |  This is your life
  micke@netg.se     |   I say 'May I never be content'   |  The Dust Brothers