Re: spam and debian-curiosa [ot]

vdongen wrote:

> > We British drive on the *correct* side of the road.
> >
> > After all, here people to our right have right of way.
> >
> Yes we all know the British have the tendency to do everything
> different.

You mean everyone else does things differently from us.
Recall the 19th century newspaper headline:
"Fog in Channel. Europe cut off" :-)

> While the entire world uses standards british ppl use their
> own standards (*g* where did I hear that before) like driving on the
> other side

Some 50 countries drive on the right, including iirc Japan and most of the
Middle East

> , distances, weight.....

Ah, that would be because we use the /French/ imperial system ;-P, which
actually
evolved from hundreds of years of interaction between people and their
physical environment.

The metric system was imposed on most of Europe by the conquering warlord,
Napolean. You could say that our system of measurements is part of our
historical
defence of freedom 8-)

And don't think I've forgiven anyone for imposing decimal currency on us either
;-P

> dudes@doc:~$ apt-cache show clue
> Package: clue

LOL :-))