Re: spam and debian-curiosa [ot]

martin f krafft wrote:

> also sprach Inglima Modica Davide Silvio <st970743@educ.di.unito.it> [2002.01.23.1303 +0100]:
> > > whatever. i think the italians are among the best drivers in the world.
> > > sheer darwinian argument. next come the germans :)
> >
> > Wait until the speed limit on Italian highways gets raised from 130
> > km/h to 150 km/h.
>
> look how germany doesn't have a speed limit for the most part.
>
> want a race?  ;)
>
> nah, i'll never race an italian. you guys tie 20cm strings between the
> front of one and the back of the next car, and then drive 250 thousand
> km/h over the autostrada and if the string breaks to the car in front of
> you, you get shot. great.

Now you are all making me very depressed -
The speed limit over large parts of the UK has been reduced to 40mph (60kmh),
by local councils armed with thousands of gatsos (speed cameras) in a bid to
raise revenue and show how 'safety friendly' they are.

As well as the environmental damage such speed limits cause, driving is no fun any more :-(

Disclaimer - I travel mostly by train, and that's /certainly/ no fun in Wales and England
at the moment =o/

- Richard

> "and if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
>  you shout and no one seems to hear
>  and if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
>  i'll see you on the dark side of the moon."
>                                                    -- pink floyd, 1972

"I've got a bike,
You can ride it if you like,
It's got a basket. a bell that rings, and things to make it look good.
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it"
                                                   -- pink floyd, 1967

:-)

- Richard

--

Richard Smedley
Production Editor, Linux Format

Telephone +44 (0) 1225 442244 ext 5038
"Music makes one feel so romantic ? at least it always got on one's nerves ? which is the same
thing nowadays."