Re: spam and debian-curiosa [ot]

Manuel Ferrero wrote:

> > > Mmm, martin f krafft.
> > >     Not a classical italian name. (Also Manuel isn't, but...)
> > oh well. i do show traces of the italian temper though ;)
> Oh. If you prefer I can also say something about my latest pizza with my
> mafious friends when we all were playing mandolino...
> But after that I have to kill you, so better not to go on. <grin>

You missed out bad driving.
We all know Italians double-park on pedestrian crossings ;-P

> > and because italian just sounds soooooo much cooler
> > when saying trivial things - no, that's not an attack on the italian
> > language, but "wasting time is an important part of living" just
> > wouldn't be as spectacular...
> Really?
> As italian speaker I cannot see all this difference between the two
> sentences. But, maybe is due to my awful english. Probably if I could
> understand the english one I could appreciate what you mean.

Your English needs no apology, however an Irishman springs to mind when
speaking of the the simple eloquence of a good quote :-)

http://www.cyber-nation.com/victory/quotations/authors/quotes_wilde_oscar.html

- Richard

--

Richard Smedley
Production Editor, Linux Format

Telephone +44 (0) 1225 442244 ext 5038

"The well-bred contradict other people. The wise contradict themselves."