Re: Neal Stephenson. A debian user?! [was: Re: is this a debian list?]

Pete Ryland wrote:
> and is titled "In the Beginning was the Command Line."  In it he refers to
> bug #6518 which I also found interesting, having been submitted by about the
> only author whose books I have actually finished reading (I get bored with
> fiction pretty easily).  And in Jan 1997 too!  He's been using debian longer
> than me!  Bastard... :)

Another interesting thing is that we didn't archive bugs back then, so
that bug was purged from the db when it was fixed, and Neal's comments
about the value of the BTS as a historical record and stuff were amoung
the incentives for setting up the BTS to archive all old bugs. We
managed to find several old mirrors of the BTS website and import #6518
and other bugs from them, too. So, http://bugs.debian.org/6518 works
again.

--
see shy jo