flying fish on my screen?

So, a couple of times now I've been staring into the depths of my screen and a fish has flown across it.

I know the fish. It's the Gnome Fish from the applet of the same name.

But this time, he or she is swimming once gracefully across my screen from left to right. The second time (today), I clicked at it as it swam by, to no effect.

Is this an easter egg in the fish applet (which I don't run), in Gnome, in Sawfish, or perhaps most alarmingly in my HEAD?
--
Conrad Heiney
conrad@fringehead.org

Now KEN and BARBIE are PERMANENTLY ADDICTED to MIND-ALTERING DRUGS ...