Re: Some thoughts on a fortune

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 10:41:46AM -0600, Vince Mulhollon wrote:
[big snip]
> Back on the subject of Debian stuff, for similar reasons, I don't think
> porting emacs to a palm III is going to be a killer app.  But if someone
> could port KDE to a PDA, and get kmail working usefully on the PDA, that
> might be a killer app.  After all, people pay $100 a month for those little
> blackberry two way email pagers, I'm sure those same people would prefer to
> pay less for a Debian based solution with a bigger screen...

Done:
http://qpe.sourceforge.net/

> On the other hand, very few people are paying $5 to cellphone providers to
> "surf the web" on their telephones, so I'd assume a linux based wireless
> web browser would tank in the market, so there's little point in porting
> lynx to a Debian based PDA.

Ipaq + Linux + Ipaq's GPRS jacket

Just waiting for the latest Ipaq to get into the shops :-)

--
Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta       | They that give up essential liberty
agi@agi.as                     | to obtain a little temporary safety

Key fingerprint = 9782 04E7 2B75 405C F5E9  0C81 C514 AF8E 4BA4 01C3