Re: Developers by country

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Edward Betts wrote:

> > Yes, of course: Try Schlins (~2000 inhabitants, Austria), AFAIK nobody
> > important comes from there (only me...).

> Which state is it in?

Err, what do you mean by state? It's located in the Republic of Austria,
Province of Vorarlberg (in the West, bordering Liechtenstein, Switzerland
and Germany).

> > But if you take Röcken in Germany (you might have to enter it as Rocken in
> > the query, sigh...), that's the birthplace of Friedrich Nietzsche
> > http://www.virtusens.de/walther/roecken_e.htm, and not knowing that is
> > definitely unforgivable ;-).

> Yeah, you are right, it is missing both of these places. It does not have the
> village my parents live in (population 5000), but it has the nearby town.

Seems to be difficult to find an authoritative GEONAM source...

Alex

--
People often think of research as a form of development -- that it's
about doing exactly what you planned, doing it on time, and doing it