Re: Simple solution? (was: SPAM!!)

On Thu, 2001-10-25 at 11:15, Norbert Nemec wrote:
> Hey, what about that simple idea:
>
> Anybody who is subscribed to any of the debian lists is automatically added
> to one global list of permitted senders. Addresses are never removed from
> there unless they are abused for spam.

Some of the spammers I've seen will subscribe to a list, post, and
immediately unsubscribe.

The Bangalore LUG [1] mailing list moderators tackle this breed by
requiring all new subscribers to be moderated for a few days.

[1] http://www.linux-bangalore.org

--
Kiran Jonnalagadda
http://www.pobox.com/~jace