Re: Better than debian ....

On Tuesday, 23. October 2001 18:57, Brian Russo wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 09:01:59AM +0200, Norbert Nemec wrote:

> > > If Jesux had been available under a FREE license, he would be
> > > mirrored around the world, and would not have died.
> > >
> > > Sigh.. that's proprietary software for you.
> >
> > Hmmm - to me the license resembles more something like GPL. Protecting
> > real freedom instead of just allowing anyone to do as they please.
> >
> > But I admit that the creator seems a bit fussy about the copyright. Then
> > again I can understand: If you really love the code you've produced, you
> > wouldn't want to have just somebody else claiming authorship... :-)
>
> Could have taken the Knuth-ian approach (patch files)

Well, I dunno - just take a look at those 3rd party patches that do exist.
None of them seems to have the quality of the real thing. Problem is that
most people trying to patch have not really grasped to concept of the
original code.

Personally, I'd prefer waiting for that original Jesux NT, rev. 1.7 which has
been awaited for such a long time now. According to those rumours, that might
be the most important update since that step from Mosix to Jesux NT...