Re: Debian Centre of Mass

>>>>> "Andreas" == Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

Andreas> At leas this is true for Iceland where I went swimming in the
Andreas> Ocean five years ago - well it wasn´t really warm, but just
Andreas> had some fun with the waves.

Not that I had ever been to either Greenland or Iceland, but I think
it would be a bit dangerous to extrapolate from Iceland experiences to
Greenland ones.

According to a pretty small illustration in a somewhat old atlas of
mine, the gulf stream does not extend to Greenland. It actually seems to
bend of at Iceland an disappear to the east.

Incidentally, the line where the average temperature at the surface is
zero degree Celcius in January goes just below Iceland, meaning that
the wintertemperature north of that (and thus including Greenland) is
lower (the atlas is from 1977 so the data may be inaccurate in the case
of global warming).

Christian Lynbech       | Ericsson Telebit, Skanderborgvej 232, DK-8260 Viby J
Phone: +45 8938 5244    | email: christian.lynbech@ted.ericsson.dk
Fax:   +45 8938 5101    | web:   www.ericsson.com
                                        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)