Re: FW: U.K. Labour government backs 7-yr storage of email, phone calls

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 07:24:14AM +0200, Martin Baehr wrote:

> i don't use my ISPs mailserver, he never even gets to see my mail.

Unless you always have a point-to-point connection to the SMTP server
of whomever you are mailing, it is more than likely that your email
will be passed through a mail server sometimes, somewhere.

A different matter altogether is whether service providers would be
required to store relayed or incoming mail in the first place.

-Sami
--
sami@lempinen.net http://lempinen.net/sami/
ICQ:19002710  IRC:#terassi  apt-get a life.