Re: Deposing the chairman of the Technical Committee

On Sun, Feb 09, 2014 at 07:24:12PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> AFAICT from the constitition it is not possible to immediately start a
> vote on the chairmanship of the TC, unless the post is vacant.
>
> Arguably, this is a bug.  However, I need to work with what I have.
>

> I hereby propose the following TC resolution.
>
>   The Technical Committee has lost confidence in the Committee's
>   Chairman and requests that the Chairman resign.
>
> I'm going to call for votes after I get to the end of my mailbox and
> haven't seen anything to tell me not to.

This email strikes me as childish and sour grapes.

This endless circus (and it is) needs to end. This is prolonging it.
Chalk this one up as a loss and move on to the other technical issues
facing Debian.

If you want to have the "T" vs "L" discussion, you should perhaps try
and convince your peers that this isn't something the maintainers have
tried to resolve yet (AFAIK none of the maintainers have, and this
question hasn't been brought to the TC).

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>  |   Proud Debian Developer
: :'  : 4096R / 8F04 9AD8 2C92 066C 7352  D28A 7B58 5B30 807C 2A87