Re: New member for the Technical Committee - formal proposal

On Thu, 07 Nov 2013, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On 2013-11-07 11:03, Ian Jackson wrote:
> (...)
> >   Option Packard:
> >
> >   3. We propose to the DPL that Keith Packard should be appointed
> >      to the TC.  (Constitution 6.2(2))
>
> Sorry if I missed anything, but shouldn't messages by the TC on decisions and
> announcements be signed?

We generally sign announcements, but that's primarily because they have
to be sent to -announce.

> As an inferior Debian citizen (only a lowly Debian Maintainer, after all), I
> would certainly expect this to be the case.

No, they are not required to be signed. [There aren't very many of us on
the CTTE, so it would be very easy to spot a forgery.]

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked
something.
 -- Steven Wright