Re: New Technical Committee Members

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 11:57:31AM -0700, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> Anthony Towns recently announced his decision to step down from
> the Debian Technical Committee:
>
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2009/01/msg00006.html
>
> I thank him on behalf of the rest of the committee and the
> project for his contributions over the last three years!
>
> With this change, the remaining members of the committee are:
>
>      chairman     Bdale Garbee
>      member       Andreas Barth
>      member       Ian Jackson
>      member       Steve Langasek
>      member       Manoj Srivastava
>
> As per Constitution section 6.2, we discussed a number of
> potential additions to the committee, with the full engagement
> and support of Debian Project Leader Steve McIntyre.
>
> It gives me great pleasure to welcome Russ Allbery and Don
> Armstrong as the newest members of the Technical Committee.

If I understand things right, you can add new members until
the number reaches 6 and can then proposed new members to the
DPL.

And Steve organised the vote to add Russ (which got approved),
and propose Don to the DPL.

Andreas said that with 3 of the 5 votes for proposing Don the vote
is over.  But I think it's only 3 of 6 at that point, and the DPL
still needs to approve it.

Kurt