Re: vote time again: stepping down as chair

On 4/11/06, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> According to the agreed-upon schedule, I'm now overdue to step down as chair
> and it's time for us to vote Bdale in.

The agreed-upon schedule needs to be changed, because
Anthony Towns is not project leader, and general rule 2.1.2
says he can't be both leader and committee chairman.

> I don't think it helps anything to have the seat vacant for that week, in
> spite of my tardiness.  So I'm announcing with this mail that I will vacate
> the position of committee chair on April 18, i.e., 1 week from today.

Ok, my vote, based on the original schedule, with the idea that
fall backs should be the next available person from that schedule
is:

2  Bdale Garbee
4  Raul Miller
5 Andreas Barth
6  Ian Jackson
7  Steve Langasek

I'll also say that I do not think you are being negligent for
serving too long.

> For
> my part, I definitely think that a 1-month rotation would be too short,
> regardless of whether any voting was required, just because anything that
> happens in the TC takes long enough that we would be doing a whole lot of
> shuffling of current business between chairs.

I very much agree.  And, as Anthony's extra duties have also
had their impact on the schedule, I think we should informally
agree that these short terms will be two months long.

If you and Bdale can agree that you should serve another month,
I'll be happy to change my vote, above, changing my preference
for you from 7 to 1.

> Then again, I failed to step down on time because I was focusing on
> resolving the devmapper question first; so maybe asking each chair to
> conclude one item of business per month would actually improve the
> committee's efficacy? :)

I appreciate your humble approach on this issue, but I do not
want to agree with you that you failed to step down properly.

But I will agree that you did good getting the ndiswrapper
issue wrapped up.

--
Raul