Re: (forw) [debian-ctte-request@lists.debian.org: Re: Posting on the list [pasc@murphy.debian.org: Re: md5sum <FILE produces spurious ` -' in output]]

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 09:59:59PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> You mean that you think the current level of spamfiltering would be
> adequate even without the `member posting only' restriction ?
> Does that mean you'd like to see the restriction removed or are you
> merely neutral ?

I'm neutral -- I feel I could live with any problems it creates.

I'm not sure this is the best solution -- I might wind up deleting
something as spam which was important for the TC to address.  However,
in principle at least, I imagine I could go to the web archive and
find anything inadvertently deleted there.

> > I think making sure that all "debian-ctte" mail gets read (as opposed
> > to silently going someplace no one reads) is a much higher priority.
> > [I don't know if any of those problems are outstanding.]
>
> Yes, they are.  You may have seen my intemperate proposed resolution
> on the subject.  I think I may have pissed debian-admin off too much.
> If so I was wondering if I might prevail on you Raul to try to talk to
> them.

Do you feel that every item on that list is relevant?  If not, could I
get you to delete those which aren't?  [You may have already done so,
but I'm trying rush through my email.]

Of the remainder, could you make an attempt to prioritize them or group
them in priority oriented categories (perhaps based on "roughly likelyhood
of upsetting people because we appear to be ignoring them")?

I'll work with whatever you can give me, but you're been more intensely
involved in this than I, and I feel you can make some of these decisions
quicker than I.

Thanks,

--
Raul