c/r for nonsubscribers Re: Posting on the list [pasc@murphy.debian.org: Re: md5sum <FILE produces spurious ` -' in output]

I have a small challenge-response system that is queried rather than
being integrated into the system that uses it.  This challenge response
system ("the RAPNAP database") could be integrated into SPF queries
without too too too much alteration of a DNS tool such as rbldns.

Were the debian project to operate a central c/r database of known-good
sender return address, peer network address pairs, that would be
a good thing would it not?

David Nicol

Ian Jackson wrote:
Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader writes ("Re: Posting on the list [pasc@murphy.debian.org: Re: md5sum <FILE produces spurious ` -' in output]"):

* Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> [2004-05-20 19:49]:

	Back in Feb 2003, this list was turned into a subscribers-only
list. This means that unless those people are subscribed, they won't be
able to post.

This is to try to reduce the amount of spam.

This is not an acceptable Debian list policy.  [...]

place where the TC makes its discussions public.  We are required to
make our discussions public but we are _not_ required to implement
this as a mailing list that the public can post to.

Previously the list was moderated so that only TC members could post.
This caused too much pain, so we changed it so that it was unmoderated
but member posting only.

If the alternatives are a moderated list or one that has completely
open posting then we will have to go back to a moderated list.

davidnicol@pay2send.com
"There's a fine line between participation and mockery" -- Scott Adams