Re: Technical committee composition and activity

Jason Gunthorpe writes ("Re: Technical committee composition and activity"):
> FWIW, I wasn't able to get to my PGP key when I had time to make a vote.
> It's been a trying week. Lame excuse..

Oh, hello.  Damn, I just sent out my draft with you down as
`inactive'.  Do you want to join in again, then ?

> > It is important to remember that it is much more important to have
> > only really good people on the committee, than it is to have many
> > people.  If we can't find enough candidates that we're sufficiently
> > convinced about, we should stay with the status quo.
>
> Indeed, and no job with those requirements has ever been filled in Debian
> by posting a help wanted ad. Bdale and the existing members should be
> given first crack at recommending people before we resort to that.

I disagree.  I think the project is too big for us to know well all
the possible applicants, and I think collecting some information from
applicants is a very good idea to help us choose.

On the other hand I think people should be encouraged to prompt others
to apply.  Perhaps we should ask for third-party applications ?