Re: RFH: build node for crossqa.debian.net needed

Hi Bo,

On Fri, Jul 01, 2022 at 08:36:03AM +0800, Bo YU wrote:
> If i understand correctly, We are looking for sponsorship for arm64 and/or amd64?

At this time, I am only looking for amd64. The currently configured
architecture matrix is this:

amd64 -> arm64, armel, armhf, mipsel, mips6el, ppc64el, s390x
arm64 -> amd64, i386

While Steve's arm64 box cannot keep up with the pace of uploads, I do
think it provides reasonable coverage if some amd64 node is also
present.

The implementation of crossqa.d.n currently makes it difficult to use
more than one build node for a given build architecture at the same
time. For that reason, I prefer having just one amd64 build node. This
is fixable with some effort.

The use of only one CPU may seem strange initially, but the primary
artifact collected by crossqa.d.n is the build log and it becomes much
more readable by disabling parallelism. This is a deliberate compromise
between ease of use and throughput. If more CPUs were available, I'd
essentially have to treat the node as multiple nodes.

> I can forward this to the relevant company/people who are interested
> in helping Debian if so.

Please go ahead. Thank you for your support.

Helmut