Re: crossbuild dependency satisfaction

Hi,

Quoting Steve Langasek (2014-11-13 22:03:31)
> Can such information be made available on bootstrap.debian.net itself?  This
> is what has been missing for me from that site up to this point - a
> prioritized and actionable list of things that need fixing in order to make
> Debian better cross-buildable (/cross-bootstrappable).

it is infeasible to run the script on all of Debian Sid on a daily basis
because the job takes more than 28 hours. But it's also probably not necessary
to cover all of Debian Sid daily because:

 - the important blockers (compiler translation and perl) are not gonna get
   fixed any time soon so running it on all of Sid once per month is probably
   enough
 - whether or not leave packages cross compile is less important than that the
   ~550 core source packages cross compile

So in the future I will run botch-buildcheck-more-problems daily on the ~550
source packages which are already checked daily here:

http://bootstrap.debian.net/cross.html

but this output is:

 - not yet nicely grouped and sorted
 - not yet using botch-buildcheck-more-problems but plain dose-builddebcheck

I will replace the old cross.html by a new version which uses
botch-buildcheck-more-problems instead of dose-buildcheck and which also sorts
and groups the output as soon as possible but for this to happen we are still
waiting for the next dose3 release because the next botch release depends on
it. :)

Thanks!

cheers, josch