RE: Dns refresh

hi

please do NOT crosspost thus massively.

Before you post a question into a forum/mailing list/newsgroup  please
check what that forum is aimed for.

debian-consultants@lists.debian.org is not intended for general user
questions. However, if you need a consultant you would like to pay for,
this is the correct place to ask for.

> 1 / Run  traceroute server_name  .
>
> 2 / Check in the result where the old ip addresse is still used ?
>
> May be the old ip is still used in a slave nameserver, which can be found
by
> analysing the result you?ve got when running traceroute server_name .
I suggest using
dig +trace server_name

you will see which DNS server cached the old name.
then, if it is a Debian server and it uses Bind Version 9, you do:

rndc flush

if it uses Bind 8, you just restart the server.

if it uses Windoze Server, you either do
dnscmd.exe /ClearCache
or you upgrade it to Debian straight away, that will also flush the DNS
cache.

if only your Windoze 2000, XP or 2003 Client misbehaves, you either do
ipconfig /flushdns
or upgrade to Debian as said.

> Hope that help.
Mark