Re: Nigeria stuff

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 12:52:27PM -0500, KHSHARI@aol.com wrote:
> I am so concerned, I have received the same email and this person just found
> me someway, Please call me and let me know what I need to do to stop this!
> My number is 510-776-2050
> Sharina

Hello Sharia,
  I think it is important to note your email address is from AOL, this
explains a lot andit is good to know the old rule of thumbs still hold
true.  Your email is both puzzling and amusing, which means I cannot
help but reply.

My guess is you've received several 419 spams asking you to assist some
person in Nigeria, the ex-presidents wife or some corrupt official
perhaps, in transferring money out of the country.

Needless to say, in these troubled times, asssisting the transfer of
money from shady people in Africa can be a real problem.  Those
terrorists that the British police raided were from Nigeria[1] weren't they?
They had to get their money from somewhere!  Maybe they got it from a
scheme such as the ones proposed in your emails?

Did you reply to that email?  Maybe the Feds with all their email
tapping technology are already onto you!  Quick, turn off your computer
NOW, dismantle it and toss it into several trashcans immediately, then
deny and knowledge of the Internet.  Whatever you do, do not mention you
know anything about 419 spam, I know that part will be easy to do.

Or, you could read this: http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal/

  - Craig

[1] Nigeria, Algeria, whatever.