Re: Finding new home for our builds and other security sensitive stuff

On Sun, Mar 06, 2022 at 05:46:41PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > > Yeah.  That just reduces the possibilities to the large platforms.
> > I agree this is a downside.  But we wouldn't be forever locked into a
> > plaform - it's easy to migrate to consul (and probably raft, but I've
> > never actally used it).
>
> I intend to use AWS for now.  I'll just setup another account for
> administrative infrastructure.
>
> And let's not forget backups.

Are you not satisfied that the salsa issues have been addressed with the
latest maintenance?  We are now running a current Gitlab release, at
least.

It's entirely worth calling out issues when they come up, especially
when they're not resolved quickly, but if we can't trust Debian's
infrastructure we should probably just walk away.  Moving the cloud
team's resources to self-managed infrastructure isn't going to solve the
underlying issues, and is going to reopen old ones.

noah