Re: Global networking change in our AWS accounts

On 17/11/21 at 10:30 +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 10:31:12PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > I'm surprised by this: what is the motivation? Have we been asked to use
> > less IPv4 addresses?
>
> Yes, you get at most two.  We can also remove the NAT one, as access to
> Debian's infrastructure is capable of working IPv6-only, apart from two
> not relevant things.

Err, who is 'you'? I did not have such a limit on the old account, and I
currently have a rebuild running with 20 nodes, all with public IPv4, so
I don't know where this limit of 2 comes from. Are you sure?

In summary, for my needs:
- the 'master' nodes (currently there's only one) must have public IPv4
- the 'worker' nodes can work with private IPv4 + NAT as long as they
  are directly reachable from the master nodes
- I don't care about IPv6

Lucas