Re: manage_etc_hosts: true

On 2021-07-30 11:00:02 +0200 (+0200), Thomas Goirand wrote:
[...]
> By default, OpenStack will, through cloud-init, populate /etc/hostname
> with the server name you choose when doing:
>
> openstack server create <params> server-name.example.com
[...]

Somewhat related, you may have missed this ML thread:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-November/019113.html

Apparently using an FQDN as your server instance name in the Nova
API is considered an antipattern, since the intent is to concatenate
it with configured domains for the assigned network. There's even
been suggestions to not allow "." in server names at all since some
people apparently see that as a security issue (on very specious
grounds in my opinion, I definitely don't agree that it's a
legitimate risk):

https://launchpad.net/bugs/1888722

--
Jeremy Stanley