Re: Moving daily builds out of main debian-cloud-images project

Hi Ross

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 09:54:23PM -0700, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> The second disadvantage recently came up in [1].  I proposed a possible fix for
> discussion at [2].  Bastian thought the discussion needed to happen on the ML,
> not salsa.  So here we are!

My largest problem with that change is that it removes
| - Access credentials for vendor and Debian infrastructure only exist in
|   the new group, so accidently leaking them is way harder.

So we would need to again completely trust anyone on the normal cloud
team group.

There is no real way around either options, you either
- need to trust everyone with write access to the code (and this trust
  was dented lately, after the person in question not even answered on
  my question why he thought this would be appropriate) or
- "manually" move the changes forward.

Bastian

--
Death, when unnecessary, is a tragic thing.
		-- Flint, "Requiem for Methuselah", stardate 5843.7