Re: GCP Cloud Resources

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 11:11:35PM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 4/20/21 5:13 PM, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 10:07:43AM -0500, Dan Lorenc wrote:
> >> Do you have any estimates for cost (for this and anything else that might
> >> need to be covered on GCP)? I might be able to find something.
> >
> > At the moment it's:
> >
> >  * ~1Tb of GCS
> >  * ~500Gb of GCE attached disk
> >  * 1 GCE instance (8Gb)
> >  * Network bandwidth (the bulk of the cost)
> >
> > Last month the cost was ~150 GBP (close to 200 USD I think?).
> >
> > I'd like to eventually migrate to Kubernetes containers, though
> > I presume that won't have a significant impact on the cost.
> >
> > Jelmer
>
> Did you try asking the DSA team?
There's an open RT ticket - though that's currently stalled. I'll ping
it. That said, I was assuming DSA would provide "traditional" machine
resources rather than e.g. GCS access.

> Did you ask the DPL for funding this?
Yeah, there's an ongoing thread - though it would be ideal if this was
part of an ongoing GCP billing account directly associated with Debian
(and even nicer if Google sponsored it!) rather than me personally
(which I'd then have to send monthly reimbursement claims for).

jelmer