Re: Oracle Cloud Infrastructure introduction

W dniu 27.10.2020 o 00:28, Paul Graydon pisze:
> Almost everything will already be covered by standard packages and
> configuration changes.  It's nothing particularly exotic.
>
> There is one component that is not in the Debian repositories, the
> Oracle Cloud Agent, which we're looking at open sourcing.  Its primary
> responsibility is for emitting metrics from instances.  We package
> this in a number of formats and have available for installation.
>
> For Canonical to do the installation in the Ubuntu images they produce
> for us, we have it packaged as a snap.  I can see that snapd is in the
> Debian repositories, so theoretically we can publish and install via
> that mechanism, but would that be something that is acceptable to the
> Debian Cloud team for official images?  If not, would it need to be in
> Debian repositories, or can we just repackage it as a DEB and install
> it direct from a publicly accessible external URL?
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

If you are considering installations directly from the Deb package, how
do you consider the client software update procedure when the virtual
machine has been running for a while? Snapd has a built-in mechanism for
installing and distributing updates.

Kind regards,
Adam Dobrawy