Re: Removing cloud-init 20.2-2~bpo10+1 from buster-bpo

On Sun, Aug 02, 2020 at 05:48:32PM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > It makes sense to keep it, because
> > updating packages to test newer releases is easier then uploading new
> > ones.
>
> Do you mean we will probably upload a newer version of cloud-init to
> buster-backports? If so, ok, it *will* make sense, to currently it
> doesn't. Though maybe you want to avoid going through NEW?

It's hard to say for sure whether we'll want another update in
buster-backports.  We're up-to-date with upstream at the moment, but we
don't know how long that will last or what new changes will be released
in the future.  However, I'm inclined to agree that there's a pretty
good chance that we will want another update at some point in buster's
lifetime.

The cloud-init in buster-backports is basically identical to the one in
buster 10.5, so even if somebody accidentally installs the bpo version,
it's unlikely to cause any problems for them.  It seems simpler to me to
just leave everything where it is.

noah