Re: Debian Jessie images are removed

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 09:08:15PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> > Thank you for information Bastian.
> > I understand that there will be no new Debian 8 cloud images releases
> > but is there any chance that previous cloud images releases for Debian 8
> > will be available in Azure for some time? I am mostly interested in
> > releases starting from Nov 18 2019 and later.
>
> Express that desire also to those
> who have control over the cloud you are sitting on.

No, it is ultimately the Debian cloud team that decides what gets
published (or revoked) where.

IMO we should not be taking down published images except in cases where
we need to for some compelling reason like legal obligations.  Doing so
risks confusion for our users, or worse, outright breakage, and that
leads to lack of trust.

We shouldn't be actively promoting EOL releases, and we should make it
clear where we can (e.g. the wiki, the cloud service's marketplace, etc)
what releases are EOL, but we shouldn't break our users.

noah