Re: Debian Cloud Image not setting DNS resolvers on Rackspace Cloud

[Leaving the Rackers in Cc since they're probably not subscribers.]

On 2020-05-29 15:07:10 +0200 (+0200), Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Isn't the DNS search thing coming from DHCP rather than cloud-init?

Last I checked, there's no dhcpd running in Rackspace's public cloud
networks, so cloud-init would be responsible for setting up DNS
resolution on server instances from services metadata entries in the
configdrive's network_data.json (or from Nova's metadata service).

I have to wonder if this bug report could be relevant:

    https://launchpad.net/bugs/1850310

--
Jeremy Stanley