Re: Octavia image for OpenStack (merge request closed by Bastian)

Hi Thomas

On Fri, Apr 03, 2020 at 11:04:06PM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> As much as I remember, there was a consensus of everyone against one
> (ie: Bastian himself) that it was ok to build a specific Octavia image.
> At the end of the discussion, either Bastian finally agreed or gave up
> (hard to know...). Could the others, present during the Boston sprint,
> confirm this?

Maybe we got to a consensus, over six months ago.  Why don't you just
add a pointer, because not everyone can remember everything?

> I opened this merge request 5 months ago, during the sprint, and
> reviewing it, Bastian, you told me that a lot of what was in it belonged
> to the packaging of Octavia itself (in fact, octavia-agent), on which I
> very much agree on. Then I postponed this merge request until I could
> fix the packaging. The package being fixed in Sid, I reopened this merge
> request a few days ago.

The original MR was
https://salsa.debian.org/cloud-team/debian-cloud-images/-/merge_requests/147
it is still closed.  There was not _one_ reply from you in this, so no
documentation exists what happened.

The new MR does not contain any comment from you.  I don't know why you
apear completely unresponsive.

I appreciate your frustration, but your message crossed a line that I
would ask you not to cross again.

Bastian

--
It is more rational to sacrifice one life than six.
		-- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3