Official Docker Images

Hi Folks,

I recently published a blog article about a novel way to conveniently and securely build debian packages user docker / OCI images at https://tauware.blogspot.com/2020/04/building-packages-with-buildah-in-debian.html

One of the feedback that I received is that my blog article suggests using the image published at docker.io/debian:sid as base. I understand from https://hub.docker.com/_/debian that those images are built from scripts hosted at https://github.com/debuerreotype/docker-debian-artifacts.

My question to debian-cloud is whether this has been discussed before and whether docker-images is an area of interest for people participating on this mailing list. If the answer is yes, then may I ask whether it would make sense to host the official images at https://salsa.debian.org/cloud-team/debian-cloud-images/container_registry ?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

--
regards,
    Reinhard