Re: Presenting Debian to the user at cloud provider marketplaces (round 2)

On 2020-04-22 16:35:25, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 07:57:19PM -0400, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> > Product title: For older releases, the title is listed as (e.g.) "Debian
> > GNU/Linux 9 (Stretch)".  For buster, it is "Debian 10 Buster".  I prefer
> > the formating used for stretch, and would like to update buster to
> > match.
>
> What do you mean with "formating"?  "GNU/Linux" is now irrelevant.

But IMO a nice gesture to non Linux parts of our community and costs us
nothing.

> "Debian Linux", maybe, but redundant.

It is possible but why not to indicate that also there is something else than
Linux in Debian.

> >         I'm open to the idea of listing only the version number, and
> > dropping the code name, but don't feel strongly either way.  Opinions?
>
> Well.  People search for both?
>
> >                                          Is there existing text that
> > would work better here?
>
> Sadly, no.
>
> I looked at other distributions on Azure and found for example:
> https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps/canonical.ubuntuserver
>
> >                  Buster is only "The universal operating system."  I
> > think pulling some snippets in from the release notes makes sense for
> > buster. Agree?
>
> Should this be highlights of the release?  Hightlights of the software?
> I don't know.

If we're going with version and/or code name in the information text then I
suppose giving a bit of information about release it self IMO would make sense.
--

|_|_|0|                  "Panta rei"                     |

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x686930DD58C338B3
3DF1  A4DF  C732  4688  38BC  F121  6869  30DD  58C3  38B3