Re: Presenting Debian to the user at cloud provider marketplaces (round 2)

> Product overview: For buster, the overview is simply "Debian 10 "Buster"
> for Amazon Web Services."  For stretch, it is a longer blob of copypasta
> from the Debian entry on Wikipedia.  Neither of these is ideal, IMO.
> Some condensed version of About Debian[5] would probably be better, but
> I don't have anything specific in mind.  Is there existing text that
> would work better here?
YMMV, I use the following text in
https://app.vagrantup.com/debian/

Debian is a free Operating System for your laptop, server or embedded
device. But it provides more than a pure OS: it comes with over 59000
packages, with a Long Term Support cycle reaching 5 years for each
stable release.
Besides stable releases, Debian also provides a testing distribution
channel, which is daily updated with the latest and greatest opensource
software. Debian strives for correctness of implementation, as detailed
in the official Debian Policy, and compliance to Free and Opensource
software licensing, as documented in the Debian Free Software Guidelines.

This is more or less based on the debian.org start page.

If you come to a better text, I'd be happy to use it as well !

Emmanuel

--
You know an upstream is nice when they even accept m68k patches.
  - John Paul Adrian Glaubitz, Debian OpenJDK maintainer