Re: updating cloud-init in stable

On Wed, Dec 25, 2019 at 12:42:49AM +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > In order to get that process started, I have constructed a "buster-p-u"
> > branch on salsa and begun testing cloud-init 19.3 on buster on AWS. [2]
>
> Though if we're to have a Buster branch, best would probably be to just
> call the branch debian/buster, and start the fork from the debian/18.3-6
> tag (so we have a meaningful history). I usually have the habit to never
> start a debian/stable branch before it's actually needed, though now is
> the time, probably.

Yeah, my intent was definitely not for this branch to be the final
branch from which we perform uploads, etc.  Consider it a feature
branch, and my intent was to submit a merge request for review at a
later time.  FWIW, there are apparently no changes needed, aside from
the debian/changelog update, to facilitate a buster backport.

> At the moment, I cannot see your branch in Salsa. I guess you don't have
> direct write access to the package (which is probably needed for this
> kind of operation). Can someone grant it to you?

Hm.  Can you not access
https://salsa.debian.org/noahm/cloud-init/tree/buster-p-u ?  Gitlab
claims that the fork is public.

noah