Re: updating cloud-init in stable

On 12/23/19 11:23 PM, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> In our most recent meeting, we discussed possibly updating cloud-init in
> stable. [1]  This would be our first first time performing a
> feature-update to a stable release, even though the stable release
> managers some time ago indicated a willingness to let us do that.
>
> In order to get that process started, I have constructed a "buster-p-u"
> branch on salsa and begun testing cloud-init 19.3 on buster on AWS. [2]

Hi Noah,

Thanks for this work.

Though if we're to have a Buster branch, best would probably be to just
call the branch debian/buster, and start the fork from the debian/18.3-6
tag (so we have a meaningful history). I usually have the habit to never
start a debian/stable branch before it's actually needed, though now is
the time, probably.

At the moment, I cannot see your branch in Salsa. I guess you don't have
direct write access to the package (which is probably needed for this
kind of operation). Can someone grant it to you?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)