Re: Using disk images from cloud.debian.org

Hi,

Quoting Vincent Bernat (2019-11-18 06:25:02)
> > As I explained in the first paragraph of my initial email, I'm trying to
> > find an alternative to creating a bootable disk image myself that I can
> > then use on salsa CI runners (for example inside autopkgtests). So there is
> > no metadata server.
> You can provide the metadata as an USB disk. It's called "config drive".
> See: <https://cloudinit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/topics/datasources/configdrive.html>

that is very cool, thank you!

Unfortunately, it doesn't help in my situation because my original problem is
that due to missing functionality (like losetup, mount or kpartx) in the
autopkgtest runners I cannot create disk images so I cannot create a disk image
of that "config drive" usb stick either. :(

It's okay if the images provided by cloud.d.o don't help in this particular
situation inside autopkgtest on salsa ci but I didn't want to pass on an easy
solution.  If anybody can think of another option I would be all ears. :)

Thanks!

cheers, josch