Re: Buster AMI interface names

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 07:15:23AM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> Where to sent patches for  `configure-pat.sh`?

I don't know, I'm not familiar with it.

> By the way, what does the ' -o'  in `ip -o route show default`?
> I'm asking because it seems to not be needed.

-o forces each record to be output on one line of text.  Very useful for
processing ip output in shell scripts.

You're right that it isn't necessary for ip route - I've just made it a
habit whenever I use ip in a script.  The output of "ip -o addr list"
provides a better example of the difference.

Ross